Sunday, October 19, 2014

Was soll ich tun? What should (must) I do?

  What is the meaning of the Kantian question in the sphere of the Lyrical Citizen? Devoid of transcendental meaning, we are talking about ethical action under the narrative of domination of Human Rights. What do I do with my life, today, under the restraints of a wild system of production which leaves no time for personal development beyond the social persona which tradition, luck and effort offers me? In terms of the guilt/debt narrative that we inherited from parents and state, the answer to Kant is: simply pay your dues, be a slave and die (in that order, for suicide is an order disruptor). When you live chained to the inertia of old myths of domination there is no room for the ethical question, in fact, ethics has to be postponed to a future nowhere land of the blessed, whether supernatural or super-historico-materialist. For most, the ethical question is answered in immediate physiological terms of survival, a poor reply, a forgetful automatism. Grounded on our basic emotions, ethics is their enaryzation, the complexification of the symbolic realms that constitute our tools for understanding, managing and acting upon the world. The inconsistency of our ethical codes with our economic actions (the narrative of dominations at hand, whether Human Rights in the Western World or the delusions of Universal Laws anywhere else) is a constant and painful source of schizophrenia that tears apart the very fabric of the myths we are living by, bringing meaninglessness.


  What should I do with my life, with this limited time that I have for thinking and feeling? I cannot build my house any longer upon foolish ideas of humanity, upon the lies and deceiving which are the rational tool of self-interest and self-preservation. My ideal, my narrative, has to be something else, and something which rends me in terms with life. I have chosen Aristotle’s idea of life as intelligence, or better, life-intelligence as a synthetic concept: I call it Zoe. I can inhabit such a house, I will, a stronghold from which the evanescent myths can be fully understood, a cosmic summit for the transformation of swan songs into Ewigkeit Canto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write here your comments