Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Self-Reliance

  Another trait of human law ontology is offered in the concept of self-reliance, not so much in Emerson’s terms, as a dialectic of great men and their struggle with their society -an annex to genius religions- but as the feeling of being at home in life. This is my life, my here and now in the living process, and I trust it in its plain movements, accept its limitations and particular nonsenses, our meaningful and meaningless myths. I soar with its high hormones and get low on frustrations, for life is my house no less than death and oblivion and astronomical dances of annihilation; I know it and do not deny it anymore.

  Emerson proposed: insist on yourself, never imitate. Such naïve adolescent bravery –I recognize it for I had it too- is a drive towards individuation that can hardly be avoided, and is felt in different degrees by all, therefore is the common, the opposed to your individual self (that narrative of your emotions in relation to the group), and not by imitation, but by genetic programming (another kind of mimesis), by the force of emotions which impose their protocols time and again. I don’t want to be unique, I couldn’t anyway, that’s sheer madness of the ancient myths of the King God. I rather be the embracing breath of thought. I trust thinking for it is not only mine, but yours too, and the voice of the dead. How could life be without the words of the dead? Their tiny nucleic words.

Could we rely on aminoacid soups? Should we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write here your comments